NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

problem with aerial

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

problem with aerial Empty
PostSubject: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi, i seem to be having a tiny problem with my aerial.

At first, it started off a few months back. I went to turn the radio/car off but the aerial will stay up.

Then 2/3 months later, it would still do that but when the aerial went up, the motor would keep going even though the aerial was all the way up.

Now, the aerial stays up most of the time, it comes down sometimes though. problem is as soon as i turn the ignition/radio on, the motor will keep winding even though the aerial is up. It keeps going until the radio goes off.

By the way, its a very loud grinding noise, i had the whole petrol station looking at me!

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
marpate1
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)

PostSubject: Re: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

They're pretty easy to strip apart (assuming the original) so it may be repairable. Mine was completely shot as someone had removed the internal flexible rod which raises/lowers the antenna - so I replaced it with a Hirschmann Auta 2040 (available on ebay). These are 3-wire rather than the multi-wire original unit, but it's not difficult to fit.

Cheers,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 am

marpate1 wrote:
They're pretty easy to strip apart (assuming the original) so it may be repairable. Mine was completely shot as someone had removed the internal flexible rod which raises/lowers the antenna - so I replaced it with a Hirschmann Auta 2040 (available on ebay). These are 3-wire rather than the multi-wire original unit, but it's not difficult to fit.

Cheers,
Mark

Might have to do that to mine, i disconnected mine all together because it was broken Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
marpate1
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)

PostSubject: Re: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 am

Celica_XR9145 wrote:

Might have to do that to mine, i disconnected mine all together because it was broken Shocked

It is pretty straightforward. Mine (ST183-C) has the rear spoiler so the aerial is fed through the part-spoiler on the LHS quarter panel. The Auta 2040 fixing kit does not seem to cater well for the spoiler so I used the original seal for this part - it seems to work OK. Then it's just a matter of working with the supplied fitting kit to support the body of the aerial inside the boot. I would say, though, that the aerial is a little on the long side for what I wanted.

Cheers,
Mark
Back to top Go down
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

PostSubject: Re: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:07 am

thanks for the reply.

Am going to strip it down tomorrow after work then take it from there.

I will probably end up going to the wreckers to buy a new one, i'm not very good when it comes to this sort of thing Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem with aerial   problem with aerial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem with aerial
Page 1 of 1