NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACIS theory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Was just reading the ACIS threads and the powerdeck thread.

what the powerdeck basically is is a spacer that sits underneath the flaps. In theory, this should be rubbish at lower rpm.

Reason being that at low RPM, you want less intake volume and more intake volume at high RPM.

If you put the spacer underneath the flaps on the air chamber, you are creating more intake volume so low-mid range RPM would be poor. Neutral

Wouldnt it be more effective to slice the air chamber in half and weld in a spacer above the flaps?

This way, low-mid range will not be effective and will have better high end performance silent

Am i right or am i waffling on Laughing
Back to top Go down
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
3Spower

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 am

In theory yes but IIRC, you have to think of the 'helmholtz' theory. In other words, there is an ideal amount of volume and i think standard was just about fine.

Don't forget you will have to adjust the fuel mixture top end aswell.
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:17 pm

That sounds right too me, although if you were going to go through the hassle, i'd port/polish the intake manifold and chamber, then replace the vacuum diagphragm with an electronic operated motorised cable that is rev dependent.

https://nacelicas.darkbb.com/n-a-celica-tech-f23/acis-acoustic-control-induction-system-mod-t138.htm
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm

3Spower wrote:
In theory yes but IIRC, you have to think of the 'helmholtz' theory. In other words, there is an ideal amount of volume and i think standard was just about fine.

Don't forget you will have to adjust the fuel mixture top end aswell.

yes but there is always improvement to be made, at the end of the day its if the results are worth the effort.

for the fuel mixture, an apexi AFC fuel controller could work.
Back to top Go down
91celicagtr
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
91celicagtr

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Celica_XR9145 wrote:
That sounds right too me, although if you were going to go through the hassle, i'd port/polish the intake manifold and chamber, then replace the vacuum diagphragm with an electronic operated motorised cable that is rev dependent.

https://nacelicas.darkbb.com/n-a-celica-tech-f23/acis-acoustic-control-induction-system-mod-t138.htm

if i were too do this, i would make it electrically operated for sure. the vacuum diaphragm on mine gets stuck quite alot!
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)
Rusty

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:06 am

Just making sure... at 5400rpm, the butterflies open up rather than close.

and the powerdeck spacers sets above the butterflies

the intake manifold is already quite big (I think it was ~1,5L then opens up just under -2.0L)
Back to top Go down
rollaboy
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
rollaboy

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
Just making sure... at 5400rpm, the butterflies open up rather than close.

and the powerdeck spacers sets above the butterflies

the intake manifold is already quite big (I think it was ~1,5L then opens up just under -2.0L)

was just looking at this thread and the gen 2 and gen 3 are different.

The gen 2 butterflies are on the removable chamber and the gen 3 butterflies are on the actual manifold.

Thats why the powerdeck is probably only for the gen 3 3sge
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)
Rusty

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 am

ahh thanks for clearing that up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ACIS theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACIS theory   ACIS theory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACIS theory
Page 1 of 1