NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
NACelicas has now merged into Garage-X.org so for all the Toyota Celica info you were looking for, please check out the Toyota section on Garage-X.org.

Thanks,
Jamie
Garage-X.org
NA Celicas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NA Celicas

Dedicated To The FWD Naturally Aspirated Toyota Celica's With The 3SGE, 5SFE, 3SFE And The 4AFE - Including Turbo And 4WS Models

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? Empty
PostSubject: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Are the 3SGE and GTE engine non interferance or interferance engines?

I'm going to be honest and say that my cambelt is long overdue (everytime i finally have the money, something more important comes up Crying or Very sad ) and was wondering what damage will be done.

I've researched a little and 99% say non-interferance and read that if the belt snapped, its as simple as putting another belt on and off i go Shocked

Anyone know?

Would also like to know about the 5SFE and the 3SFE aswell if anyone knows Very Happy

Thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
nsx
Taking Off (2500RPM)
Taking Off (2500RPM)
nsx

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 pm

All of the "S" family engines are non interference Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3Spower
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
Moving Up The Rev Band (3500RPM)
3Spower

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:11 pm

As above, IIRC, all Toyota engines with a 'G' head are non interferance engines.

I was reading about someone with an MR2 snapped his cambelt on the motorway. Calls a local mechanic, 20 minutes and a new belt later, he was off. Only thing i can't understand is that the MR2 engine bay is so tight that i can't imagine changing the cambelt on the side of the motorway Shocked
Back to top Go down
Celica_XR9145
Admin
Admin
Celica_XR9145

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks for the replies, thats a bit of worry off my mind then, should be getting it done at the end of the month Very Happy

I should have looked at your engine pics in your project thread nsx Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://nacelicas.darkbb.com
Rusty
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)
Rusty

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 am

sounds like all up to and inluding gen 3 S motors, however BEAMS is not, it is interferance, due to the lift (10.5mm)
Back to top Go down
Boosted
Idling (750RPM)
Idling (750RPM)
Boosted

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:31 am

3Spower wrote:
As above, IIRC, all Toyota engines with a 'G' head are non interferance engines.

I was reading about someone with an MR2 snapped his cambelt on the motorway. Calls a local mechanic, 20 minutes and a new belt later, he was off. Only thing i can't understand is that the MR2 engine bay is so tight that i can't imagine changing the cambelt on the side of the motorway Shocked

He must be a magician to do a cambelt that quickly, SW20s dont have spacious engine bays...
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyspeed.org.nz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?   3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3SGE/GTE = Non-interferance?
Page 1 of 1